Voting in the Uzbek presidential election is taking place at the country’s Embassy in Azerbaijan, Report informs.
On October 24, at 8:00 (GMT+4), a polling station No. 27 opened at the diplomatic mission. Voting will last until 20:00.
Chairman of the election commission is Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Uzbekistan to Azerbaijan Bahrom Ashrafkhanov.
The largest number of voters live in the city of Baku, as well as in the cities of Guba, Ganja and Sumgait, but it is expected that voters living in other regions and cities of Azerbaijan will also take part in the elections.
Five candidates from political parties operating in Uzbekistan are running for presidency, in particular:
1) From the Ecological Party of Uzbekistan – Narzullo Oblomuradov;
2) From the People’s Democratic Party of Uzbekistan – Maksuda Varisova;
3) From the Movement of Entrepreneurs and Business People – the Liberal Democratic Party of Uzbekistan – Shavkat Mirziyoyev;
4) From the Democratic Party of Uzbekistan “National Revival” – Alisher Qodirov;
5) From the Social Democratic Party of Uzbekistan “Justice” – Bakhrom Abdukhalimov.
The results of the presidential elections in Uzbekistan will be announced no later than November 3, 2021. If none of the candidates gains more than 50 percent of the votes, a second round will be appointed, where two candidates with the best result will be included. The elections are considered valid if the voter turnout is more than 33 percent.