Kanani considers this process desirable and promising
Official Tehran hopes that Baku’s embassy in Iran will start operating.
The spokesman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Nasir Kanani, spoke about this at a press conference.
“As a result of the steps taken, we hope to witness the restoration of the activities of the Embassy of Azerbaijan in Iran. – said Kanani.
Kanani said this while commenting on the issues discussed in the telephone conversation between the foreign ministers of Iran and Azerbaijan – Huseyn Amir Abdullahiyan and Jeyhun Bayramov – on September 17.
He said that the ministers discussed bilateral relations, economic relations and the regional situation between the two countries.
Kanani considers the opening of the embassy desirable and promising against the background of the ongoing discussions.
On September 17, a telephone conversation between Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdullahiyan and Jeyhun Bayramov has been
The ministers discussed the relations between the two countries, especially the agreements made in the economic field.
During the telephone conversation, agreements were reached regarding the perspective of relations, including the exchange of views of the delegations of both countries in the economic and political spheres, as well as the meetings of the officials of the two countries.
The foreign ministers stressed the importance of investigating the latest events in the Caucasus, including the situation in Karabakh, the current situation on the Armenian-Azerbaijani border.
Iran’s Foreign Ministry believed that foreign interventions made the situation in the region even more complicated. Therefore, these issues should be resolved through dialogue.
The parties also exchanged views on areas of cooperation in regional and international forums.
What happened between Iran and Azerbaijan?
On January 27, there was an armed attack on the embassy of Azerbaijan in Tehran.
The person who attacked the embassy with a Kalashnikov gun killed the head of the security service, Orkhan Asgarov, and injured two other guards.
Immediately after the incident, Iranian officials announced that the attacker had been detained.
The detained person is 50-year-old Iranian citizen Yasin Huseynzade.
President Ilham Aliyev called the attack a “terrorist act” and demanded that the perpetrators be punished.
After that, the employees of the embassy of Azerbaijan in Iran were evacuated and the activity of the embassy was suspended.