“We have not received any official information or any news on Azerbaijani Grand Prix,” Gulnaz Guliyeva Communications Manager at Formula 1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix told Report.
She said that the government should decide on the Azerbaijani Grand Prix. It is out of BCC’s power to decide on this issue. Negotiations with Formula 1 are underway. If the quarantine regime continues, we cannot host the event”
The manager also commented on the TABIB’s statement, which says that the quarantine regime in the country would continue until the end of the year: “We need to know what restrictions will be lifted. Quarantine is not just about wearing a medical mask. First of all, the borders must be opened.”
Guliyeva added BCC did not start preparations because of uncertainty: “Our company is still in quarantine until June 15.”
Notably, various media outlets reported that the Azerbaijani Grand Prix was under threat and that the Baku race was likely to be replaced by another in Italy.